Monday 28 February 2011



Prees Branch To Grindley Brook.



One incandescant me.....







Just look what I have done! 
Caught out by a blast of wind whilst passing under a lift bridge.

Two years of taking on some of the worst tunnels and bridges on the system without the faintest hint of a scratch to the topsides and I get caught out under a stupid little lift bridge. The list of tunnels includes the Standedge, The Harecastle and even the Frogall where only a few boats our size fear to tread.
Oooo I was mad, madder than mad, blood pressure raising mad.

We do have paint aboard though, I just hope it hasn't set.





Until next time...................  








.

2 comments:

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Don't worry it's a travel scar! All the best boaters have them!! Debbie.

Lisa said...

What a wonderful term, a travel scar. I guess its a bit like when we had our brand new oak dining room table delivered and two hours later a huge scratch across it, I can still see my two year old looking sheepish standing on the top in her buckled shoes!!!! she looked so cute, I remember it so well, now after years its a happy memory!!!
Travel scars, great.
Lisa