Wednesday 15 December 2010


Ellesmere.



Another day to while away the time.









According to the doom mongers, AKA the weather guessers, we will be back to these conditions tomorrow.
For these boats though nothing will change, they are still as stuck in the arm now as they were at the beginning of the freeze. The NB Roma made an heroic effort to free them today by repeatedly ramming the ice, this was combined with the crew hitting what ice he could with a sledge hammer from the bow. All this was unfortunately to no avail.
When the ice is a "genuine" four inches thick there is not much a narrowboat can do against it.

BW are charging those boaters a lot of money - and I do mean a LOT of money - to moor there for the winter.
With the services not easily available I feel that had I paid to moor there I would be due a refund.
BW have the ideal craft to break the ice just moored outside of their yard here, but it is just lying dormant.
Maybe lots of moaning might spur them to action.

I'd better not hold my breath!



Until next time.......................






.

No comments: