Friday 8 October 2010



Fradley Junction To Rugeley. 3 Locks.






A bit of a slip up!






Sunday was an absolute wash out so we stayed put for the day...........







...............Monday on the other hand started off in a much better frame of mind.






Leaving our mooring fairly early - for us - we set of into the stillness of the day looking forward to a peaceful chug.





That notion was very quickly shattered though as we arrived at the organised chaos of the junction itself.

All was well so far......... but when we reached the second lock of the day and I was stepping back aboard from the lock side, I slipped.

I am far too big and heavy to fall over - but that is what i did -  as I went down onto the back deck my arm went over the tiller arm which jammed in my arm pit, the resultant popping and tearing noises were something else. I also managed to take most of the skin off of my left shin which took a massive bang on the edge of the boat.

There I am lying in a crumpled heap on the back of the boat when the two people (both men) who were helping at the lock laughed and turned away, they didn't even bother to tell D about it as she didn't see me go over.

I can only hope that they get whats coming to them, but that would just be nasty....... wouldn't it?





We have spent the rest of the week at Rugeley as this is a borderline "have to go to the doctors" job.
This is from someone who hasn't been to the quacks for at least fifteen years and that visit broke a run of ten years.



Until next time........................





.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

Richard