Wednesday 30 June 2010

Hapton.
.
.

Another day, another spanner.
.
.

I did a quick check of the engine yesterday after she had cooled down, and to my horror found most of the stem seals were at the top of the valve stems.
.
This would account for the smoking, but the problem is I know I fitted them correctly and taking the head off again would be stupid to say the least.

With a strong torch and a very thin screwdriver I got them all back into place and started her up........ Smoke everywhere, another check and the seals had moved up again!!
.
According to the "experts" this is not possible, so, it looks like I am on my own to solve this one.
I do love a challenge.







Our trip through to here did have a few odd sights along the way.
.
.



.
.
Also some very picturesque ones.
.
.



.
.
These were here last year and from a completely materialistic point of view, if I lived around here I would have been onto BW relentlessly to let me get them up and repaired. They are fibreglass so no problem there.
.
.

An early start in the morning for a trip to Asda, essentials only of course.
.
.
.




Until next time............................
.
.
.





.

1 comment:

Miss Ann Thrope said...

I need one of those L plates hehe