Sunday 11 April 2010


Brick Home, Day 15.

To the town!!!!





Realising that in the twenty odd years I have lived here I have never actually ridden the bus into town, today was going to be a “first”.

A few stops after we went aboard the bus it was packed out with standing room only. This is when I likened it to a cattle truck and started mooing under my breath, that got me a dig in the ribs and a quick telling off.
Three elderly Bovines got on at the next stop, and one of these was having considerable difficulty standing up.

This was due to the Wing Commander who was piloting this brightly painted truck having lots of trouble taking off.
We hurtled from pot hole to pot hole but the No 6 would not fly.
It was then that I rather incautiously offered my seat to the struggling one……….. If the engine had not been screaming fit to explode as Biggles tried once more to get us airborne, I swear you would have heard a pin drop.
A withering look that was more of a slap in the face and meant “How old do you think I am?” was followed by a very curt refusal. Ooops!

Then it was over, our stop was reached. This, as it turned out was to be everyone else’s stop as well. Morphing from cattle to sheep, we all flocked out of the truck onto the High Street. Another dig in the ribs quickly followed my Baaaing.

I think in future, I might just walk…………..
.





Until next time..........................


.

No comments: