Friday 23 October 2009

Rugby.

We have had two big bits of luck today.

First bit:

After a discussion about the merits of a chain saw as opposed to a Bow saw, we had almost agreed to go back to the shop and buy one, when out of the blue a boat pulled in just in front of us and started chainsawing some logs.

Now,.......and I'm not making this up, he saw we had some logs on our roof and offered to cut them up for us. What would have taken me a good hour or so took him less than five minutes and a lot less work. D was then fully convinced and off to the chainsaw shop we trotted.

Second Bit:

When we arrived it turned out to be ten percent off everything day.

Result!!........I'm so glad we didn't buy it yesterday.




The blue boat on the right is the chainsaw man.

I took this picture though, to show you these five boats that have crammed into this small space, the reason being it is the closest mooring place to Tesco's. If you moor this side it is an extra three minutes walk, some things never change.






This evening has turned out to be really nice, we had a little bit of rain this afternoon but not for long.

Dodging the rain I managed to put my new saw together, it was then that I realised I have got no logs to chop!! the man had done them all earlier.

What can you say???

Until tomorrow..........................


2 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

But did you buy any saftey gear to ware while using it?

Chris and Debbie, said...

Hi Brian & Diana,

I have got goggles, gloves, mask and boots to be going on with.
I think I will treat myself to one of those all in one hats with the ear defenders and visor in the very near future.

Regards Chris & Debbie.